Join or Donate
What You Can Do To Help
Thank you for your interest in Ancient Ways! Ancient Ways is primarily a volunteer organization, made up of many individuals from all over the US, Canada, the UK and Zimbabwe. All of the fund raising for Nhimbe for Progress and Jangano is sustained by grassroots efforts, which have been highly successful thanks to the many humanitarian hearts that hold the people and the services we are providing as a priority.
Becoming a member of Ancient Ways is a great way to help us over the long haul. Membership carries benefits to you such as discounts on marimba classes and purchases. Membership is $25 per year and can be paid on the Sponsorships page or here:
Membership Renewing Annually to support our work:
Money is the obvious donation that is most often considered, but your time and energy is another, and a very valuable resource! Ancient Ways has been built on both of these important contributing factors, like the right and left hand, they are both needed.
You can make a fully tax-deductible donation to Ancient Ways by:
- Using your credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover), or your PayPal account, or requesting an invoice – securely, all on our website’s Sponsorships link,
- Calling the office (current hours Wednesday and Thursday 1-4) to use your credit card by phone, or make a pledge that you will follow up on later, or
- Mailing a check to us in Scio, made payable to Ancient Ways.
When you give to our programs you can do so by:
- Setting up an on-going monthly, quarterly or annual donation, (this must be done by phone) or
- Making a one-time donation,
- Requesting a specific focus for your donation (which program or service in which you are interested), or
- Suggesting that we determine the greatest need at the moment.
Please feel free to see the many ways you might help us to achieve our goals by visiting the Store or Sponsorships Link on the top menu bar, and/or using the contact information at the bottom of the screen.
Donations of Time and Energy
Get together with a friend or your ensemble to bring more hands on board, or join us solo. Consider what might fit into your schedule:
- Sell sculpture, finger puppets or other village crafts at your next community event.
- Sell our CD Mwoyochena kuZimbabwe.
- Donate a performance to raise money through your music.
- Organize a bottle, paper, or penny drive at school (penny drives are the least hassle and quite productive.)
- Help inventory the sculpture at the Lacomb warehouse.
- Take our Teacher’s Packet into your local school to let teachers and administrators know about it as a teaching tool.
- Use the Teacher’s Packet videos and slide shows to share with your band, church or family group.
- Offer to manage or research a small project with your organizational skills.
- Help us with grant writing or research.
- Share our story with someone – just ask us for some brochures!
- Think about what you enjoy doing and ask how that might help.
- Email email@example.com with your ideas!